Our patients are referred to Central Florida Pain Management for secondary treatments that specifically target the chronic pain that diminishes their quality of life and may interfere primary treatments, such as physical therapy. Our interventions help residents of Ocala, The Villages, and the surrounding areas of central Florida better manage their chronic pain.
What Are Chronic Pain Interventions?
Chronic pain interventions are therapies that are performed in conjunction with the treatments that you receive from your primary physician, orthopedic specialist, or other type of medical doctor who manages chronic medical conditions. In most cases, our patients are referred to us because the chronic pain is disruptive to quality of life, healing from surgery, overcoming the effects of arthritis, and a myriad of other circumstances. Our role in your healthcare is not to cure the underlying issue, but to help find ways to make your chronic pain more manageable.
What Types of Chronic Pain Interventions Are Available?
Central Florida Pain Management offers interventions that fall into one of five categories.
- Pharmaceutical interventions, such as pain medications, numbing agents, or supplements to elevate vitamin D levels
- Minimally invasive surgical procedures to target overactive nerves that are sending pain signals to your brain
- Interventional devices, such as spinal cord stimulation, that disrupt the signals between the nerves and the brain
- Complementary therapies, such as acupuncture, that are recognized as beneficial for chronic pain and associated fatigue, irritability, stiffness, immobility, joint stress, and other medical concerns
- Quality of life measures that help you find ways to improve your life and enjoy your activities with less-persistent pain, such as eating nutritious foods that reduce inflammation, being active, and focusing on the positive aspects on your life rather than your chronic pain
What Interventions Are Right for Me?
We excel at developing comprehensive treatment plans that include your chronic pain treatments and other interventions. Working with you one-on-one during a consultation is a great way to learn which of our interventions is right for you. We present options, and ultimately, you decide your own course of treatment.
How Do I Get Started with Chronic Pain Interventions?
We invite you to schedule a consultation with us at your convenience. Our offices are located in Ocala and The Villages to serve the residents of Central Florida. You can also review our information about how to prepare for your visit and learn more about pain conditions and our services.
Central Florida Pain Management specializes in chronic pain interventions using innovative approaches and technologies. If your chronic pain is detrimental to your quality of life, health and well-being, contact us today to schedule a consultation with Melissa Alvarez-Perez, M.D.